Upgrading from onboard, suggestions

Hello people, got myself a cheap computer, got 2GB memory running W7 (32 Bit) I intend to upgrade its RAM in time, but the graphics are my main issue, I'm using the on-board/ Integrated and as a result my system performance is struggling. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Note: I'm only looking for something to be capable of playing some Browser like games such as World of tanks etc. for now. I'l upgrade the whole unit at later date from general computer to a gaming spec.

So you know 32 bit operating system can only take advantage of 4gb ram maximum.

now for light games, I'd say a hd 6670 or gt 640 would be a good choice in my opinion. anything higher and you would have to upgrade your psu as well but you are going to upgrade anyway in the future as You say.

How many and what kind of io slots does your motherboard have. If you intend to upgrade later I would buy a super cheap 256 mb dedicated card.

This is what I would use. I had an old dell with a card like this and I could play games quite well.

-Tabbs

Ps.Yeah, dont spend too much on the ram.

I'd recommend going for nothing less than a HD 7750.

With anything less than that, your not going to see much of a performance increase over integrated graphics. The other plus is that it draws power from the motherboard, so you won't have to worry about power cables, or having a good PSU.

You have to make sure that your motherboard has at least one PCIe (PCI Express) slot, otherwise the card (or any other modern video card) cannot be installed.

Back