US military shoots down fourth unidentified object this month

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? In a situation thought to be unprecedented in peaceful times, the US military has shot down a fourth flying object over North American airspace this month. The latest target, described as an octagonal structure with strings but no payload, was shot over Lake Huron in Michigan at 2.42 pm local time on Sunday following orders from President Biden.

A Pentagon statement said the object was detected traveling at 20,000 feet above military sites in Montana on Saturday, an altitude that could have caused it to interfere with commercial air traffic. F-16 fighter jets used an air-to-air missile to down the object as it traveled across the Great Lake region.

The incident marks the fourth of its kind in eight days. On February 4, a large balloon suspected to be used for surveillance was shot down off the coast of South Carolina. China said it belonged to the country but insisted the balloon was blown off course while carrying out weather research, though the Pentagon says the equipment it carried could have been used to intercept communications.

The objects shot down in Alaska and Yukon, Canada, were much smaller than and did not closely resemble the first balloon. The military has been on heightened alert and looking for UFOs on radar since the initial sighting.

As per the BBC, a defence official said the US had communicated with Beijing about the first object after receiving no response for several days.

US Air Force Gen Glen VanHerck, head of NORAD and US Northern Command, said the military had not identified what the three most recent objects were or how they stayed afloat. He told reporters they were being referred to as "objects, not balloons, for a reason."

Talk of unidentified flying objects has led to questions about extraterrestrials. When asked if such a scenario had been ruled out, VanHerck said, "I'll let the intel community and the counterintelligence community figure that out. I haven't ruled out anything." However, an anonymous defense official told Reuters that there had been no evidence suggesting the objects were extraterrestrial, and one senior official told ABC News that the three most recent objects were likely weather balloons rather than surveillance balloons.

The US and Canada are currently in the process of recovering debris from the downed objects for analysis. Some debris from the first balloon has already been recovered.

"What's gone on the last two weeks or so [...] has been nothing short of craziness. And the military needs to have a plan to not only determine what's out there, but determine the dangers," said Jon Tester, the senior senator from Montana.

The incidents have caused tensions between the US and China to reach heights not seen since Nancy Pelosi visited Taiwan last year. Bloomberg writes that China is preparing to take down an unidentified object flying over waters near the port city of Qingdao, about 15 miles east of Jianggezhuang Naval Base, home to ballistic and nuclear attack submarines and the country's first aircraft carrier. "China reserves the right to use necessary means to deal with similar situations," China's Defense Ministry spokesperson Tan Kefei said after the first object was shot down in the US.

Permalink to story.

Still makes me laugh when journalists ask "Is it extra terrestrial?" and the General giving the briefing has to seriously answer these questions.

"Is it the second coming of Jesus? Are we prepared to shoot him down if he attempts to intrude on U.S air space along with Santa?"

The General: I haven't ruled out anything.

Start shooting down anything in the sky to draw attention away from the first one shot down. impressive.

If you believe the full story is in the press, this is all very recent developments and the US is just starting to grapple with this. Personally I doubt the US just recently acquired the ability to notice flying balloons and other objects in its airspace, nor the ability to shoot them down. I also doubt it is a surprise to any major power that they are all spying on each other continuously from satellites, submarines, spy planes, etc. And they all probably have their own reasons why they mostly felt it was in everyone's interest to not routinely start shooting.

What I want to know is, what changed. Maybe related to upcoming activities in Ukraine? Or fears of future conflict with China?

Perhaps China or another Country is researching the wind patterns over the U.S.? Weather research. Decades ago a Military Analyst said all you need to do is release a pathogen over the U.S and let the winds carry it down or something like it.

Still makes me laugh when journalists ask "Is it extra terrestrial?" and the General giving the briefing has to seriously answer these questions.

"Is it the second coming of Jesus? Are we prepared to shoot him down if he attempts to intrude on U.S air space along with Santa?"

The General: I haven't ruled out anything.

You say it like the media is dumb. You know everything in media (FoX- cough) is controlled somewhat by the govt and Mr 1%.

So I put it to you that we have reached the end of humanity or at least ideas. No one is breaking new ground in any area even fake news.
While the powers that be decide if there is enough poor and elderly to have a WW3 cull, as COVID was a bit of a wash, they have decided to throw in aliens to their scare mongering and of making people more stupid.
Like they have with the gender debate, which lets face it shouldn't have been entertained ever.
God's no longer a dude, he's gender neutral now, and as much as I don't believe in that I think humanity has lost its way, when it comes to simple common sense, and like your General... I'm not ruling anything out.

You say it like the media is dumb. You know everything in media (FoX- cough) is controlled somewhat by the govt and Mr 1%.

So I put it to you that we have reached the end of humanity or at least ideas. No one is breaking new ground in any area even fake news.
While the powers that be decide if there is enough poor and elderly to have a WW3 cull, as COVID was a bit of a wash, they have decided to throw in aliens to their scare mongering and of making people more stupid.
Like they have with the gender debate, which lets face it shouldn't have been entertained ever.
God's no longer a dude, he's gender neutral now, and as much as I don't believe in that I think humanity has lost its way, when it comes to simple common sense, and like your General... I'm not ruling anything out.

Calm down and play Metal Gear Solid 2

Your cough should of been longer and included "All Media"... Media has been the cancer to our society for the last 15yrs or so.

Last edited:
Why spend a few thousand dollars Beta testing lockheed's 50KW lasers in deflating balloons when you can spend several million dollars shooting them down with missiles?

Why wait for a possible nuke to go off over a single major city or security site when we can wait simply wait for balloon weapons to float over several major cities and the entire US?

Why worry about the debris falling on a single human when we can simply wait until the balloons are in position to potentially kill millions?

These answers and more coming right up on FOX News

Why oh why does America think this is China ? Who comes up with this scare mongering crap ? Why do you guys insist making up poor excuses to shove more tax payers money into weapons you don't need ? I mean does no one have a Chinese phone or Tik-Tok in america ?

They know what you had for dinner at the weekend Karen...

But you throw these stories out there and all of a sudden, China claim America also are at this. You guys need to F**K already. Stop flirting.

Back