USB not recognised

I recently had to set my computer back to factory condition, and now when I plug in a network adapter, it comes up with 'USB not recognised' and says it has malfunctioned. I used the network adapter on my laptop and it works fine, I have tried re-installing device software, uninstalling USB ports and re-installing them, but nothing seems to work. Before I reset my computer it worked perfectly fine aswell. Is there a setting that I need to change? (Mouse and Keyboard work perfectly fine)

Hi Hayleystans01,

You have not mentioned the system model or operating system on your computer, however generally, once the system is reformatted, the system drivers (chipset, network, video, audio, etc.) may need to be updated. Please try the steps below in order to resolve the issue you are facing with the USB devices not being recognized.

Turn off the computer, unplug it from the wall outlet and then remove all external peripherals (printer/external storage or other USB device, etc.) connected to the computer. The monitor, keyboard and mouse can remain connected.

Wait for a few minutes and then plug it back to the wall outlet. Do not connect any external devices till the system has booted to the desktop. Then connect the network adapter and see if the same is recognized.

If this step does not help, update the system drivers from the manufacturer's website or cd/dvd you may have received with the computer.

Please reply if you have further queries.

[FONT=Arial]Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Support Site[/FONT][FONT=Arial] .[/FONT]

Back