Used to have sound, now I don't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have NO SOUND at all on this computer. (My old one is getting worked on) -- I am curious if anyone can give me any ideas how to fix it. Speakers are plugged in but the sound just won't work. (On anything, game, desktop, anything)

Here's some information:

1) I use SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [A400] as my soundcard.

2) I went to Creative Labs website and downloaded a tool called "Creative Diagnostics" and when I run it says:

Hardware Detection: PASS
Wave: PASS
Midi: PASS
MixeR: PASS
DirectSound 3D: PASS
Soundfont: PASS
Mixer Settings: PASS

So it looks like everything there might be in order...

3) There is one thing though, if I go to device manager under "Other Devices" there is something called "Multimedia Audio Controller" with a yellow "?" -- When I click on it says The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

Could this be my problem? If so, how do I get the drivers? Or does anyone know a program I can run that could tell me what my problem is?

Thanks

Go back to the Creative website. Look for and download the appropriate sound card driver for your model card and install it.

Yes, for testing purposes take note of your motherboards make and model numbers and go to the support website and download and install the latest sound (audio) driver. Be sure to remove the Creative card first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back