Using an old Galaxy S3 as a PC monitor?

Okay, so I have an older Galaxy S3 and I was wondering if there is any way for me to use this display as a PC monitor. My plan is to mount the phone inside of my computer case and then display CPU Usage and a a Network Meter on this display.

I believe that I can do this wirelessly through apps and Wifi, (which isn't an issue, the router is right next to it) but is there any way I can wire it directly to the computer? My graphics card supports Displayport, HDMI, DVI, and VGA connections, and I have a MHL Adapter for the phone so I can display the phone's screen on the monitor, but I want it to work the other way around.

Any ideas? I'm open for any suggestions, I just want to try and use this device in another way, the screen is still in good shape along with the rest of the phone.

(I want to actually use it while it's relevant, unlike my HP Touchpad that sits under my second monitor)

How does this work. very genius thinking to use this as a monitor. But the samsung galaxy 3 has a very small screen. why would you want to use that as a monitor display in the first place?

One way or another, this would be an interesting form of Remote Desktop, which is a network connection between two systems AND running a program on one with the output on the other.

Back