Valve's annual Steam Halloween Sale is in full effect

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Hyped for Halloween but not thrilled with the prospect of having to first endure the weekend? Fret not as Valve’s annual Steam Halloween Sale ripe with time-killers is now in full effect.

In keeping with the season, the current Steam sale offers discounts anywhere from 10 percent to as much as 90 percent off of horror-themed titles like Inside F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, Through the Woods, The Evil Within, Soma and Limbo, just to name a few.

I somehow managed to stumble across the U.S. Election Nightmare Edition of Carmageddon: Max Damage which can be yours for $19.99 (down from $29.99). If you’re at all fed up with this year’s presidential candidates, this game will almost certainly help you blow off some steam (no pun intended).

If you’re not up to playing a game this weekend, perhaps a scary movie will suffice? Steam, as you may know, also offers a collection of movies courtesy of a partnership with Lionsgate earlier this year.

The Steam Halloween Sale runs through November 1.

Permalink to story.

Can we get a tracker to count how many times the author(s) of Techspot articles write a very clear and deliberately thought out pun, but then follow it up with "(no pun intended)"? I would guess it's a large number. And I assume it's because the author is quite proud of coming up with them and is attempting to point the puns out to the readers just in case they might miss them, but tries to do it in a way that doesn't show their conceit.

You should have punted, Shawn. These guys...These guys are fed up.

Back