Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines crashes

I recently got VTMB, I played for hours on end on a Nosferatu. When I got to the quest where your fight the demon with Yukie, I started the fight and took a break. When I got back on the next day, I beat the demon but the game crashes, I reloaded and tried again, every time right at the second the demon dies, it crashes. I tried an earlier save (before I even got into the Hollywood part), and went into Murcerio's place because I found out he sells weapons after a certain pint and gets more later on, i get to him, but a spaz-15 and try to leave, it crashes. I tried leaving without buying the gun it does not crash. I even tried entering my haven it crashes after loading. I uninstalled, and reinstalling doesn't fix it. I tried a new game (different clan), but after the intro and when I walk down the stairs, when jack starts to talk to you, i faintly see his dialog when the camera starts to move, it crashes. No errors, it just tells me that Vampire.exe has stopped working.

I'm on Windows Vista home basic 32-bit. I don't believe my computer specs would cause the crashes because the game ran perfectly when I first installed it. I didn't know that the game saves errors when it crashes, so I have it uninstalled and didn't check for any error reports. I believe i only have the official 1.2 patch installed at the first playing.

Despite you recently getting the game, Bloodlines is an older game and Vista wasn't around when the game was published. Try changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP or earlier, as far back as Windows 98. Whatever works best.

I'll try compatability but I have tried XP and it still crashes. ill try the others, got any other solutions just incase these don't work?

You could try running the most recent graphics driver for your card.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest graphics driver but i will check anyway. is that all the possible solutions? will the unofficial patch work? (i think its like 7.0 or something)

I don't have any other suggestions at the moment. There may certainly be other solutions but I don't happen to know what they might be. Someone else might though. I don't have this game myself so I'm not able to help you as much as I would like.

You could try the unofficial patches and see what happens.

Back