Vending machines get futuristic wide screens

Archean

A vending machine with insanely big ........47-inch touch screen and cameras now who'd not want to try it out at least just for the fun of it ;)

Not a very good idea. I like to see the actual thing BEFORE paying for it, if it's going to end up in my stomach.

Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should. Wonder how much they had to raise prices to cover the cost of the panel.

+1 on being able to see what you buy.

It's not that I do that with everything. If you buy a hardware component online and have it delivered to you, you can always send it back in x days (48 hours here) without having to invoke any reason, as long as the product and it's packaging and all accessories are intact, and if the seller repackages it or seals it again after a standard verification process, it's not a big deal. But I'm not sure it's too hygienic to put your hands all over a food&beverage product, then putting it back it. I don't even think this would be allowed because of the danger it implies.

I guess it could be alright if all products are ok and put in the right slots in the machine, but there are places in the world where a good amount of people just don't give a damn about the customers or the job they're doing. :D

I don't even use vending machines anymore, I used them in the subway when I didn't have a car and a driver's license. Now I just get food from home or local shops, wherever I go, but if I used them, I would prefer to actually see the actual sandwich I put in my mouth and chew on... :approve:

Back