Very different temperatures on CPU cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rig

Hello there, I'm new to the Techspot community so please bare with me XD.

I'v recently built this computer, and I'm just checking that it's all working properly. I was testing the temps on my CPU cores after running a burn in test and they seemed very different. they were:

Core#0: 38C
Core#3: 24C
Core#2: 37C
Core#1: 29C

I mean these are pretty low for a Q9550 but my friend told me it's very weird and he's NEVER seen variations like that, I was just checking with you guys about it.

My Motherboard is GA-EP45-UD3.

thank you for your help

Attachments

• Temperature FAIL.jpg
    Temperature FAIL.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 5
My Q9550 reports similar differences in all 4 cores too, with 0 and 3 being the hottest, like yours. Its the C1 stepped version.
IIRC it was a quirk of the C1 cores.

yes, even in a stress test it shows the CPU Core temperature variations to a high extent as in my above measurements. Luckily I have a 3 year warranty with it but I have to say it's bad of Intel to sell a CPU which has quite obvious problems with the temperature measuring system.

Keep a log that also tracks what the computer is doing at the time.
The good thing is that all those temperatures are well within the normal range and nothing about which you should worry.
You might try another temperature logging software for comparison...
But temperature reports are seldom very accurate in our experience... You just start to worry if they rise above 64c

yeah, i don't worry about mine, its well below the 60° start to panic stage.
Intel will most likely claim its a 'characteristic of the chip'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back