VGA Controller driver not installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
My name is Braden recently i cleaned out my whole system therefore causing my video card drivers to be deleted.. it is most likley a 3 year old card.. but was working great yesterday, it is asus series nvidia card and whenever i sign on my computer i am able to browse web but i cannot go on video games.. Also it says VGA Controller not found .. is that and issue ? how do i fix it please help me figure this problem out please and thank you :D

Go the Nvidia website and download the graphics driver that is appropriate to your graphics card and operating system. Once you download it, install it.

I found out that my video card is a asus geforce 6600td 128 mb pcie.. but when i went to download the driver after it finished i went to setup it wouldnt work..Said " Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible " do i have to install something else before hand ?

Thank you so much ! i will do that right now i hope it will work after updates :p

Would there be any pacific drivers to update they all seem to be updated hmm this is strange..

Also to note the cd that came with my video card wont work would that be because of it not having a driver or is there something else also

Remove the addon Video card
Get your onboard Video all working properly (all drivers updated)
Probably restart a couple of times in that process

Then once all is ok, then mount your new addon Video card and install the drivers

So what your saying is completely uninstall my vga and remove my video card from computer make sure all drivers are good then put back in video card and download the driver for it ? sorry to be a pain im just getting used to drivers etc. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back