Vga stops working while dvi is in use

I usually use two monitors and my graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 5450) have 3 inputs: HDMI, VGA and DVI. Whenever I use the vga and a dvi to vga both monitors will work. But if I use a dvi cable for the dvi output on the gpu instead of the dvi to vga and use a vga cable into that, only the dvi monitor will be detected. Any clue how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

The 5450 is rather old. I think last driver is July 2015 and "Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned."

Maybe your best bet is to use it the way it works or consider a more recent video card.

The 5450 is rather old. I think last driver is July 2015 and "Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned."

Maybe your best bet is to use it the way it works or consider a more recent video card.
I'll look into getting a new card, but at the moment are you sure there's nothing I can do?

Back