VIA HD Audio Speaker Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

moltenice

Hey all!

I own an AsRock H55M Motherboard with built in sound (which uses VIA HD Audio VT1718S) and my OS is Windows 7 Proffessional 64bit.

I also own a laptop with 32bit Vista and Realtek HD Sound card. The sound card software has special options to remove speaker sound to get fed-back into the mic so i can be playing a game or even listening to loud music on external speakers connected to my laptop but the sound will NEVER get fed-back. Furthermore, no matter how loud the person on the other end is pseaking to me on VOIP chat, he never 'hears' himself after speaking.

Sadly, the software that came with the motherboard (yep, I've updated it to the latest one shown on the website as of today) doesn't have this option anywhere!

Please tell me how I can use both the speakers and the mic (please don't ask me to go buy some headphones, I really want mic/speakers to work together)

Maybe I can use the Realtek software (unlikely I presume), perhaps there IS an option on the control panel (I checked though, there is not) or maybe there is a 3rd party software that can do so?

Please do let me know! Thanks!

Hi motlenice,

Try this:
1) Right click the volume control in the task bar
2) Click Recording Devices
3) Right click the microphone and select Properties
4) Select the Enhancements tab
5) Make sure that Disable all sound effects is unchecked
6) Make sure that Acoustic Echo Cancellation is ticked
7) Click OK, then OK

Does this do what you want?

Haha looks like VIA is actually backwards compared to it's competitors like Realtek.

The ONLY checkbox the enhancement tab has is "Disable all sound effects" and whether I check or uncheck it no other options appear :(

For some reason I can't post links but I found a website that states that VIA DOES support AEC:

VIA Vinyl VT1818S - 8 channel HD Audio Codec - VIA Technologies, Inc.

EDIT: The link doesn't post so I'll tell you how to google the page:
"VIA hd audio acoustic echo cancellation" on GOOGLE

Hope this helps.

moltenice,

The VIA Vinyl VT1818S is not the same as the VT1718S, so there may be slight differences.

Haha looks like VIA is actually backwards compared to it's competitors like Realtek.

What do you mean by this? It is not really a good idea to use a different manufacturer's drivers for your hardware. It may appear to work, but it may cause problems with games, media players and the operating system itself.

As far as I can see, the ASRock motherboards are the only ones that use this specific chip. I can't find reference to it on VIA's site.

The VT1818S has been exclusively sold to ASUS and therefore VIA carry no drivers for it on their site. You could try ASUS's Website and try to find a driver there (there will probably be different versions under different motherbaords).

Failing that, I don't really know what else you could do. If VIA have not designed the drivers to use this function then it may not be possible.

Actually my Motherboard is Asrock H55M not really ASUS. As for the driver. I checked and the sound card built in is VIA HD Audio VT1718S.

But the via website doesn't have anything about that either :(

If you go to the ASRock website and look up drivers for H55M you'll find the VT1718S drivers though.

Maybe you can check there? I'm definite if VIA themselves don't support it there MUST be a third party software that can do so for me.

P.S. Sorry I couldn't post the relevant links to Asrock Website etc. Maybe after this post I can post links.

Hi moltenice,

Sorry to hear you are still having this problem. I have looked at the ASRock website and I have seen that they do have the drivers but I cannot install them as I do not have this sound card. If you open the program that comes with the driver is there any option in there AEC? I know that there is in some other brands' application.

Hi moltenice,

Sorry to hear you are still having this problem. I have looked at the ASRock website and I have seen that they do have the drivers but I cannot install them as I do not have this sound card. If you open the program that comes with the driver is there any option in there AEC? I know that there is in some other brands' application.

No unfortunetely, as written in my first post:

Hey all!
Sadly, the software that came with the motherboard (yep, I've updated it to the latest one shown on the website as of today) doesn't have this option anywhere!

Thus, there isn't an option in the software given with the sound card, and there isn't an option in the default volume control panel of Windows 7, thus I assume maybe it isn't part of the driver.

BUT, I have found a third party software: http://download.cnet.com/SoliCall/3000-2349_4-10570665.html?tag=mncol;lst

The good thing is that this software WORKS but only for windows xp. I have Windows 7 64-bit.

I'm quite sure there is a way to get this working! Maybe use the Realtek software (not drivers) to get this option?

Or any other 3rd party software that can do this for me? I'm sure there is one!

please do let me know! Thanks :)

Can you post a screenshot (or link to a screenshot) of the application? I will see if it is one I have seen before

Here's one that was posted on the link I gave you:

93635_large.jpeg

As noticed, it is ONLY options menu, I cant make my own screenshot of the app as I myself cannot run it. please refer to the link on my last post to the software.

Lol expert mode is enabled sorry. Expert mode not enabled means that the tabs 'speaker/digital out' etc are all in one big tab with just volume control nothing else.

ah i see - sorry then I dont really know. As far as I can see, the Realtek app wouldn't enable this for you as it is a different driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back