Video drops out while playing C&C 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson48

Hi all, I have a problem while playing C & C 3 Tiberium Wars, I'll be playing the game for about 6 minutes and than the screen turns off but the game is still running, I can't seem to find what could be causing this problem.

My System:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 4000MB of DDR2 RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Display Memory: 512 MB

If there is any other info that you need please let me know.

I will really appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Thank you,
Samson48.

What about the mobo? How do you mean monitor turns off? Can you like press a button an turn it on again or what?

Hi Poteljito, I have a Gigabyte Motherboard and about the Monitor when it turns off I meant to say it goes into standby, I feel that it doesn't have anything to do with the Monitor though I think it's something else but I'm not sure what. The Monitor that I have is a Samsung 24inch with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1200.

Hi Poteljito, Yes, I have to restart my PC after it crashes and the sound, does repeat.
I did a bit of looking around and found that it isn't a fault with my PC but a fault with the game, so I'm not going to do anything about that game since all my other games run without a problem, the best place for C & C 3 is in the trash or until EA Games comes up with a solution.
Oh and if your wondering I also had the 1.9 patch installed to see if that made any difference which it didn't.

Thank You.
Samson48.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back