Video errors, Windows says BSOD on reboot

Jeremy

Hello, just recently my computer has started having a weird issue where my display driver stops functioning and then recovers causing a temporary black screen. Also on computer restarts sometimes I get a message that a BSOD occured after startup.

I am currently running 2 video cards, EVGA GTX 770 ACX SC in SLI, one is about 2 years old, the other is about 8 months.

this is my minidump file of the BSOD windows had said occured.

any help would be greatly appreciated as this is really causing me alot of stress.
Also I should mention I have performed a system restore twice and it has fixed the problem for about a day, or even hours, and then the problem returns

Attachments

• 011215-8985-01.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 5
Another issue arose last night, my screen started tearing during game play and just doing things such as scrolling down in my browser.
I had assumed it might be one of my video cards aswell, so I tested each of them individually in both PCI-E slots. I was getting the screen tear consistantly with each one of them. I also wiped my drivers last night with DDU (I guess thats the new driver sweeper for video drivers?) and I downloaded the last driver that was working properly for me. Waiting to see how it works out.

Ok im dumb...windows aero had gotten turned off and was causing the screen tear...one of my video cards is most likely going out, as you said. Still waiting for a crash with the current driver though.

im also starting to see artifacting on my screen, I believe the culprit is probobly my original video card year and a half old.

If I am seeing artifacting and my video driver crashes again, would my best course of action be to RMA my first video card?

Sounds like you are on the right track... Heat is the greatest danger to high end video cards, especially configured in SLI. Is the computer and the cards free of dust and dirt?

Oh yeah I constantly track my GPU temps...most of the crashing occurs when they arent even near peak, and I can't even reproduce a crash by doing a stress test. during my game playing one is usually around 60-63C and the other is around 66-67C, I have a very efficient push/pull system. When I stress test them I only get them to around 66C on the second card and 73C on the first. So I don't believe heat is an issue.

Hello, I am back after RMA'ing my older video card. I ran the newer video card alone in my computer for a week and did not run into any issues. I got my RMA'd card back and ran SLI for a few weeks with no issues...and now I am getting BSOD's and driver crashes again :/
Here are my 2 most recent minidump files.

Attachments

• 032015-7893-01.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 032215-24304-01.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
rdprefmp.sys
"Remote Desktop Reflector Display Driver used to gain access to graphics data" is one of the flagged drivers along with the Nvidia display driver

Well I just updated my nvidia drivers again, should I go about reinstalling the remote desktop reflector display driver? I didn't even know that was a driver. How would I go about reinstalling it?

"I didn't even know that was a driver. How would I go about re-installing it?... I wouldn't worry about it, only if the BSOD's continue. Post any new minidumps

Got 2 more minidumps, this time my computer didn't BSOD but just completely locked up.

Attachments

• 040415-7924-01.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 040415-8346-01.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 2
MSFS.sys Mailslot driver and RDPENCDD.sys RDP miniport driver with no bug check strings on either driver error.

Should I just reformat? I backed everything up a few days ago just incase...Is there any chance my RAM could be causing this?

Should I test each memory module individually, or should I run it with my current setup of 4 2gb modules?

Ran a memory test for 7 passes, no errors. Im also currently running on one video card (it is the one I RMA'd and got back) and even with my newly RMA'd card I am getting driver crashes...Going to reformat my computer on monday.

I have reformatted...I had a question about my GPU's. Before and after the reformat, during playing WoW my main video card is at 64% TDP while my second video card is only at 54% TDP...is that bad? They are both at 1110 mhz using around 25% on the GPU

Back