Video Hard HDMI Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lludacrisboy

I have the Aspire X1200 desktop hooked up to my 46" LCD TV as a media player via HDMI cable.
However whenever I use the computer on my TV, the picture will go black intermittently and then after a few seconds come back up and will do this over and over.

Ive tried to fix the refresh rate and the resolution, but that doesn't help at all.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to fix this?

Please Help me.

1.Plug in your original monitor into your pc, along with the tv(I forget if you have to plug them both in before a cold boot, or plug in your hdtv after you're in windows) At this point your old monitor should be your default monitoring device.

2.Go to nvidia.com make sure all your drivers etc are up to date( This is for latest updates for nvidia control panel). After this is done I believe you'll be asked to restart.

3.Now go into control panel and then to nvidia control panel, pick advanced settings. You should see a "displays" drop down menu on the left. Go to set multiple displays. At this point your lcd should already be plugged in and you can select the tv through the hdmi as your primary monitor.

4. Whenever you get a chance to restart you can unplug your old monitor and your pc should start up fine via hdmi/lcd tv.

Let me know how it turns out.

Hey,
Sorry for the delayed response. I did this, and it seemed to work for a little while, but its still doing the refresh now, just not as often.

Any more suggestions you may have would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back