Video plays fine, but no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

adu123

I've download an avi video file which plays fine, but no audio at all, I ran GSpot and found out this is the codec "ogg_vorbis_3_plus (0x6771) Ogg Vorbis" I need, I've searched it on the net but still no luck, can someone please helped me out?

Thank in advance!

it still didn't work, is there a codec pack somewhere I can download to solve this problem?

I use KML Codecs which generally has everything I need

I had an audio codec problem with Divx, but found they had their own codecs. See if the KML codecs solve your issue

I've installed the codec pack but I don't think it contains the codec that I needed "0x6771 (Ogg Vorbis 3 PLUS)" because I'm still not heard anything from the video, or do I have configure something first?? Thx for the help I appreciate it!

BTW, does anyone knows where I can download this codec 0x6771 (Ogg Vorbis 3 PLUS) or any codec pack that contains it?

thx

Ok, I found the codec that I need here, I've followed the instructions but for some reasons I wasn't able to intall vorbisacm.inf, a copy error window pop up, I think I "unzip" it correctly, does anyone knows why?

thank you in advance :)

Hi adu123! :wave: It's been a long time!

As for your problem....
1) Are you XP? or Vista?
2) Did you unzip everything? (i see one folder called src plus 7 files)
4) Did you rt click then choose Install?

Hi adu123! It's been a long time!

As for your problem....
1) Are you XP? or Vista?
2) Did you unzip everything? (i see one folder called src plus 7 files)
4) Did you rt click then choose Install?

Hi LookinAround! yup, it's been a long time lol. I'm glad you still remember me ^ ^

I use window Vista, I've saved the zip file onto my desktop, and then extract files there (desktop also), so I'm pretty sure I've unzip everything, but when I tried to install vorbisacm.inf, a copy error window pop up, I guess it's not compatible with vista? I've attached a screenshot of the copy error window. ^ ^

thx LokkinAround :)

I use window Vista,
I think you "hit the nail on the head" as

1) I found i could install the codec on XP
2) It failed when i tried installing on a friend's Vista computer
3) I also found the quote below in its file named readme-eng.txt
This document is the one that translated an original document (Japanese) into English mechanically.
<snip>
Ogg Vorbis CODEC for MSACM (following vorbis.acm) is the CODEC driver who is actuated on Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP
:(

So does that means it will install in XP, but not vista?
btw, why would someone upload a movie for other to download but encoded the audio so others won't be able to decode, or hear it, it's kinda jerk I think...

thx man.

as best i can tell, it appears to install fine for XP but not Vista

as to all the "why's" behind the need for all the confusion behind all the different codec packages... i'll readily admit that's one area i haven't tried to figure out. :confused: Hopefully, someone else can give you more info for the codec you need under Vista

(btw.. i usually just use VLC but i see you already tried it!)

Maybe try cccp http://cccp-project.net/ If that still does not work than try media coder http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/dlfull.htm it should tell you what the audio and video are and what quality and it should be able to transcode the video and the audio into whatever you want like mp4 and mp3.

If you need to transcode it than just start media coder click the annoying logo thing then when it opens a new tab in your browser click I never want to see this page again and click start media coder or just click its icon in the tray in the bottom right corner. Now drag the file into media coder than click the video tab in the lower left area and ether choose a format and bitrate you would like better or just check "copy video". Click the audio tab and click the encoder drop down box then select something like waveform, helix mp3, or lame mp3 and than for resample do "original" and for channel I would think the video is probably in stereo so select stereo. Now at the top right choose where you want the new file to be and then find the button at the top that says start (it should be the third from the right) and click it. Now just wait for it to finish transcoding and play the file!!!

If none of that works try some of the players here http://www.vorbis.com/setup_windows/ and maybe use media coder to make some ogg files out of mp3s (select vorbis in media coder and in video unchek enable video) and see if you can play them.

I hope some of this helps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back