Videos not working

hemantass

All my videos downloaded are not working from any of the media players. The videos in internet is also not working. Plus all my internet browsers are also not working. I don't know what I deleted or what I did but some how things are not working properly all of a sudden. What should I do?

You can start by giving a little more information. Like what Os are you using. Firefox ,Chrome, Ie and so forth. This will help someone to assist you.

Which videos? On your PC or online via a browser?

for videos on your PC, right-click on the file->Properties
just below the Line Type of file:
is says Opens with: xxx (change) so what does this show?

When you dbl-click on the file, what symptom(s) to you see?

My laptop is lenovo, 64 bit operating sys. It was actually windows 8 but I update to windows 10.
All types of videos already downloaded and any online. All videos from any sites do not work. All my browsers do not work properly. Only chrome works to a limit.

I had boot scan some days ago and then slowly problems started appearing. I started getting lots of pop adds on browsers & browsers started getting hanged and crashed.

Then you have browser and internet issues, not video problems.

get a command prompt using RUNAS /USER:ADMINISTRATOR CMD
and enter these

• ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -R

netsh int reset all

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

Reboot

It is telling exactly what's wrong - - you MUST run from an admin account

What will happen after I press reboot on Command (cmd) ?
Will all my files get deleted? I dont have a recovery disk as well & I cant afford to lose my files/

Actually my camera also does not work. I haven't quite used it since I bought the laptop. But all of a sudden it stopped working. Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Attachments

• Cam.PNG
    Cam.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 2
Actually my camera also does not work. I haven't quite used it since I bought the laptop. But all of a sudden it stopped working. Do you have any idea how to fix it?
Fixes you applied were for networking - - the camera is another mater.
Suggest you create a new topic for the camera problem to get more attention.
Be sure to tell us, Make/Model of your laptop, the OS version, and what application you're having problems with

IMO, a reinstall is massive overkill for a device configuration issue.

Have you looked at the Device Manager and verified that the driver is installed and operating normally?

Back