Inactive Virus and trojans keep popping up, cant acces task manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
im on windows xp
im having problem with mallware
i cant press F8 to open my log (i never used it and i dont know other ways to open my log)

okee so every few minuts i get a screaming noize and a popup from "internet antivirus 2011"

when it started:
yesterday when i clicked on a picture when searching on google.

the virus count went from 0 to 12, and they asked me if i wanted to use internet antivirus to remove them, because of the normal name i clicked remove all. then this shitty "internet antivirus 2011" installed and now i cant use my onw F-secure client security anymore, after this happened i downloaded the free PC tools security, but that one also does not start start.

every few minuts i get one of the following messages from that internet antivirus 2011

trojan horse detected
some things about microsoft personal keys getting stolen
msn password is stolen (i changed it after)
emails sent to my contacts
something about paypal (i dont have an paypal)
a lot of html warnings/errors.

example
warning! virus detected

threat detected: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Paypal.hn
security risk: 3 out of 4
infected file C:\Documents and Settings\Administator\Recent\ppal.dll

recommended:
please click "remove all" button to erase all infected files and protect your PC

another

Warning! spambot detected!
attention! a spambot sending virusus to your e-mail contacts has been detected on your PC

total infected mails sent: 68.

then a list of the mails

1 of them: to: bouncemktg@oriental-trading.com | sent file: new.rtf | sent (yesterday)

yes, protect my pc and remove spambot now.

if i click on delete or protect, im transfered to the site of that internet antivirus programm to update to a payd version.

im really not into this kind of things, but im afraid if i get my photos and stuff on memory sticks and then clean out my entire PC ill have the same problem when i put my stuff back.

summary:
i get lots o virus detections
i can't open task manager with ctrl-alt-del
i can't find the internet antivirus programm in edit/remove programms
i can't use other anti virus programms

im on windows XP

Welcome to TechSpot! Antivirus 2011 is a rogue program and you should not act on any alerts it gives. And you are correct about backing up files now and reintroducing them back into a clean system> they may be infected and could reinfect the system..

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back