Virus Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesW

Recently I have been receiving a lot of warnings from my antivirus saying that a virus has been blocked. This randomly occurs quite often. I have a feeling that my computer has viruses/malware I do not know about, and was hoping someone could help me.
I ran the 7-step removal process about a year ago when my computer got a virus and my antivirus is Avast, and I also have Commodo Firewall.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

James, if you went through the 8 steps a years ago, you cannot reply on these results for the current system problem. You will need to go through them again.

You could be experiencing one or both of the following:
1. Your AV program is stopping and alerting you to a virus.
2. Malware may be giving you alerts to try and coax you into getting their program and infecting the system additionally.

The only way to find out which is to do what you did a year ago. Be sure you get the downloads on the sites given rather than using older versions you may have running. It would probably be a good idea to run a virus scan and include that log with the others.

The problem, however, is the shortage of experienced people here to help review the logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back