Inactive Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few computers that are reaching maximum disk space. I ran multiple applications and nothing seems to locate the issue. It has spread to different locations as well. Some computers are in a different state but they are all connected.

When I tried to do system restore, for some of them I got a blue screen of death. I unhid all files and nothing. Diskmgmt shows only 1 drive (C) I right-clicked on C and only 45gb is used however, my C drive states there is 245/250 used. Does not make sense.

I used WinDirStat and could not locate the allocation anywhere.

There is software that is supposed to wipe after install so we are confused of why it is on the computers.

The computer that is 100% full cannot turn on...just spins, spins and spins.

I did netstat on some some computers and I do see some weird instances. On had proxy and tracking in the address.

**it seems some tablets are at full capacity too.**

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Welcome aboard
p22002758.gif

The only thing we can do here is to check one computer per topic. So, pick one and...
Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back