Vista Backup Folder Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running Windows Vista 64x and the C drive is almost completely full. I was trying to remove folders to free up space on it and have a folder named BACKUP. It is currently titled in blue, along with the subfolders. There is about 11G being used in this folder.

I have browsed through the forums and have found a lot of good information that seems to have worked for a lot of people, but every time I've tried to follow the same procedures, I keep coming up short. The last forum topic I followed the guidance on was at "topic85514" here. After going through all the steps listed there, I again attempted to delete the folder but I keep getting a warning box that says, "You need permission to perform this action." And that the destination folder access is denied.

I don't know what else to do with this, or how I can get the appropriate permission for this. To go along with this, I do have access to the "hidden" Vista administrator account as well, and have made sure that the admin profile has full control over the folder, sub-folders, and all items contained therein.

Any help with this would be immensely appreciated. Thanks.

I already took ownership of the entire folder and subcontents. Still running into this problem. I've turned off UAC, tried to delete from Safe Mode, everything that I can think of, but no luck.

Still nothing. It says that there is nothing to unlock. When I choose the option to delete the file, it fills my recycle bin, but the files are still there in the original folder. So it has basically done nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back