Vista BSOD - old error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i have Windows Vista x64 Business Edition. I have all my drivers up to date but once in a couple of days my computer resets with the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error. Here are my computer specs:

Asus P5QC
Intel E8400 - normal voltage
2x2GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Asus 9800GTX+ TOP
2xWD640AAKS
Corsair CMPSU-550VX

I have attached the minidumps. I will greatly appreciate all the help you could give me.

PS: When i tried to install windows vista, my computer would just hang for 10 minutes or so before seeing the first window in the installation process... maybe it was an important information.

You have several errors.

3B error citing the driver ASACPI,sys which is a driver ATKOIIO ACPI Utility. There is quite a bit on the web how this utility, that I believe comes packaged with Asus drivers, and its incompatibility with Vista.

1E error citing the driver L1E60x64.sys which belongs to Atheros LAN and, again, belongs to your Asus driver package. Many people have issues with this as well.

Then there is error 0x24:NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM and the following description from auhma.org and possible steps to resolving:

A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Here is what I recommend:

1. Run ChkDsk

2. Definitely do a full harddrive diagnostics with the free utility provided by you harddrive manufacturer

3. Update your motherboard drivers from Asus

* You may have to do a Windows repair. Get back to us with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back