Vista "hangup" ok for safe mode, but nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.

glhglh

i'm having a problem with my daughters computer. it hangs up after entering the password.

i have used safe mode many many times. i can add things back bit by bit, but then it hangs, even with the setup that worked the time before.

here are some "event Log" comments:
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 9/26/2009 12:27:17 PM
Event ID: 7026
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: HMAH-HP6000
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
eeCtrl
spldr
SRTSP
SRTSPX
SYMTDI
SysPlant
Wanarpv6
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7026</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-09-26T19:27:17.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>24118</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>HMAH-HP6000</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">
eeCtrl
spldr
SRTSP
SRTSPX
SYMTDI
SysPlant
Wanarpv6</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

and:

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem
Date: 9/26/2009 12:26:32 PM
Event ID: 4609
Task Category: Event System
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: HMAH-HP6000
Description:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\vista_gdr\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem" Guid="{899daace-4868-4295-afcd-9eb8fb497561}" EventSourceName="EventSystem" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">4609</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>16</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-09-26T19:26:32.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>2191</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>HMAH-HP6000</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">d:\vista_gdr\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp</Data>
<Data Name="param2">45</Data>
<Data Name="param3">8007043c</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

any ideas?

This occurs usually because of faulty drivers. Mainly cdrom drives' drivers. Can you boot into safe mode and check device manager and see if there are any yellow notifications?

Also use check disk utility to fix drive errors.

have you installed devices recently? or new drivers? did you run microsoft update? I mean any sort of update if you get the idea.

When she came home from college, there was a virus or something that kept it from booting. i did a complete format and reinstall in July. she used the computer for a few weeks, then it started to hang up. i tried to go back to the July, but can only boot in safe mode.

since i first posted, i have been running the chkdsk from windows. it runs on a reboot. the first time it hung at 14% (19000 of 195,xxx files processed), the second time it hung at 16%(24000 of 195,xxx files processed). i just started it again and at the moment it is still going at with 17% or 83878 filed processed. i'll let it go, maybe the file ferification process will help it???

the computer is an hp-8000 32 bit with Vista. i just took it back to the original "box" state. but when after the "recover to original" state, i still have the hang-up. i think there maybe a problem with the hard disk, but when i run chkdsk, i still get a hang-up at about 16%.

is there another commane (i forget) than chkdsk?

i have been running the /f, i am now running the /r.

just for informaiton. each time, it has shown 0 bad file records, 0 ea records processed, 44 reparse records processed. stage 2 OK, stage 3 OK, the problem seems to come with stage 4. it looks like it is hung up now at 13% with 85000 of 125360 files processed.

over the past few days, i have let this utility for as long as 24 hours. when it is still working, i see the "lights on the hard disk" flashing. they are not flashing now.

any other ideas?

it doesn't allow me to load new programs in safe mode.

i have a lot of experience with this (on my kids & my wife's computer). i ran through the 8 steps before i restored to the 2007 original "box" setup, but am now doing again.

and before i changed from the virus forum to the Windows forum.

this shouldn't take that much time, since we are back to basic windows and nothing else, no updates either.

we have symantec endpoint on our server, but i can't load it till i'm out of safe mode, so i'm using the avira.

i finished the virus removal process, no problems, none.

i found the "hard disk" test in the bios, completed it and it showed a defective hard disk.

i just ordered another disk from HP. wish i had done this four days ago.

thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back