Vista keeps rebooting with message "configuring updates 3 of 3"

jlc

Hi,
Can anyone help me? My computer is stuck in a constant reboot with a message that states "configuring updates stage 3 of 3" I am unable to locate the original Vista cd.
Thanks!

You need to boot with the VISTA DVD on the next re start and attempt a repair, in this case, System Restore" (that I always turn OFF) ... if a restore to the time before the update was successful, load Windows, turn Automatic Updates OFF temporarily, Update all your hardware firmware if any, including Motherboard BIOS, update all your drivers from the manufacturer's web site, any other updates for programs and device utilities available, install KB937287 then turn Automatic updates ON and allow windows to install needed updates by itself.

Can't Find VISTA DVD

Hi,
I can't find the VISTA DVD for that computer. What are my other options?

Sorry, just saw this!

I guess you might want to try and get one, same flavour as yours from family or friend. Just the media.

Since we don't know about your system, we can only guess, like I know with HP Notebooks when you attempt recovery, it gives you option to use Windows Restore, destructive restore or restore with back up.

Is this a desktop, laptop, What flavour of Vista?

Never tried any other method, may be others have some idea!

Back