Vista network

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbett_1989

Recently I upgraded to Vista Business (got it for free and it's not illegal copy so yay for me). I have three computers in the house of right now. I have mine which is Vista and two XP computers. When I first tried to set up a network, Vista would not let it happen. So I gave up and one day it just started to work. So I really didn't care too much about it. Well this Christmas I got a new graphics card, So i quickly installed the thing. By mistake I uninstalled the network drivers (Nvidia makes my ethernet drivers too and in my rush I didn't look close enough which is still a bad excuse when I was uninstalling the old graphic drivers) So I thought it would be fine. And I've been bashing my head into the wall since Christmas day trying to set it up again. I tried all the suggestions made. I loaded the LLT responder on the computers. I manually inputted the ports into the firewalls. I've turned off the firewalls and disabled the windows firewalls (have them back on now in case your wondering) I've set the LAN Manager authentication level to use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated (which for some reason detected my xbox 360 but no other computers). I do have sync on for the downstairs computer case I needed to have some files ready for me at any moment so I don't know if thats causing the problem or not. I've reset the network like a friend suggested but that only fixed the problem between the two XP machines. So right not I have only have the two XP machines file sharing. My Vista machine network map can see the downstairs pc which is fine but I'm thinking that is only because I was in sync with the downstairs pc before all this blew up. Any help would save the rest of my damaged brain cells and damaged wall. Thanks in advance!

My PC
Vista Business
AMD Duo Core 3.2 Ghz
9800GT Evga
4 GBS of ram
asus m3n -hd/hdmi motherboard

the xp machines
just two standard crappy Dell pc's

delete the existing Lan Connection and use the Network Wizard.
When prompted for Private or Public network, choose Private.

btw: all that LLT stuff is kaka.

Finally!

Finally! Thanks for your help for some reason I guess the drivers weren't fully installed. Just another reason why I come here for help. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back