Vista security 2010 causing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past 3-4 days, my windows "vista internet security 2010" has been going crazy (note: prior to these last few days, my security center has NEVER popped up or interfered with any aspect of my computer, which is almost 3 years old at this point) and pops up several times an hour notifying me of a different malware/trojan/virus/keylogger/etc..

I've also noticed several programs running in my task manager that have User Name or Description, and when I try to see the properties of it, the only option allowed is "Perform Administrative Tasks" (which leads to a bunch of options/preferences that are all grayed out and unavailable to change. Considering that I am the only person who uses this computer and am the 'administrator' user, I don't understand why that occurs) Also, when I try to end task them I receive an error saying "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied"

The programs are:
csrss.exe
jusched.exe
rundll32.exe (there are 2 others using 660K and 396K of memory, the one with no description/user name is using 264K)
winlogon.exe

This is the first time that I've ever noticed these programs not having a User Name or Description.

The first symptom that I noticed however was when I attempted to play Team Fortress Classic (through Steam) that I am unable to verify my connection to any servers.

Also, I have tried to download several of the recommended programs to aide in the removal of them, and after I download them and try to start them I can get no further than the "Allow this program to run/install?" prompt; after selecting "Ok" nothing happens.

I fortunately already possess a copy of HJT and can post the most recent log of that, but I will need assistance to be able to get any other logs, I am sorry =(

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9.4 KB · Views: 1
The programs are:
csrss.exe
jusched.exe
rundll32.exe (there are 2 others using 660K and 396K of memory, the one with no description/user name is using 264K)
winlogon.exe
These are all normal Windows services, other than JUSCHED, which is a Java Update.

Try to correlate your popups to accessing website pages; there are a lot of bogus warnings
that try to induce you do download a fix which is in reality the real virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back