Vista: Windows Explorer opens folders in new windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

imekul

I've recently installed Vista Home Premium, and I'm having an issue with Windows Explorer. When I double-click on a folder in the right-hand pane, the folder will always open up in a new window. Is this the default behavior for Vista?

I have checked the Tools -> Folder Options and "Browse folders" radio button, and "Open each folder in the same window is checked." I've restarted Explorer, restarted the computer. Same behavior, though!

Any idea if it's possible to have folders open up in the same Explorer window? The only alternatives I have found so far are to either right-click on the folder and select "Explore," or navigate to the folders from the folder tree in the left-hand pane. But it sure would be nice to have the normal Explorer behavior. I'm missing it!!

Hey, thanks; that did it. Only problem is, if I'm browsing a folder in Windows Explorer, with the navigation pane open, then the first new folder I open will open up in a new window. That window, though, will be without the navigation pane, but the browsing will work as I want it to -- that is, double-clicking a folder opens it in the same window.

Still, I'd like to find a way, if possible, to prevent Explorer from opening the second window at all, and keep all of my browsing under the one window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back