Solved Vmsfdmff.dll not really a virus?

Anaya

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this, but hopefully if there's a better board, someone will let me know.

I had Free Download Manager on my cmptr, decided I no longer wanted it,and deleted it using add/remove programs. During the process it said I would have to remove some of the files manually. Being not very computer savvy and a little too bold, I searched the C drive for anything that had fdm in the name, and found a few prefetch files which I deleted and also vmsfdmff.dll. I tried deleting it, and got 'access denied.' It is located in the C drive, Free Download Manager, Firefox, Extensions, Components, and is the only thing there. Do I need to get rid of it? Or is it ok to just let is sit there? (there is nothing else in the entire FDM file).

Any help would be certainly very appreciated.

Thanks!

OK. I guess if it was known to be a problem there would be some information about it. I suppose it could just sit there forever? Anyway, I will take your advice and thank you very much for the reco on virustotal.

Anaya

Allrighty then,
virustotal scanned it with 41 products, and one call bytehero called it:Trojan.Malware.Win32.xPack.i. Bytehero was the only one who identified it this way. Does this help me understand how to get rid of it? I went to bytehero's site and didn't really see anything aobut removal, just identification software.

Thanks again!

LOL - well that's definitive! I'm perfectly happy to do just that - thanks for helping me!

Back