Voice recognition shut down

stansfield

Hi folks, I have been playing around with W8 voice recognition which, with a little coaching, seems to work pretty well.
However, I remember reading some time ago that Microsoft had, for some peculiar reason, prevented the use of VR to issue a shutdown command. I have tried all ways to workaround this including a 3rd party program which claims to do it but so far have been unable to get the desired result. Has anyone managed to do this and if so, would they please enlighten me as to how it can be done.

It is possible to put a shutdown command on the desktop I.e. an icon with the properties %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00

If you name it 'bedtime', then if you speak 'bedtime!', it should activate shutdown ? maybe ?

Try copying shutdown.exe to a non-system directory and rename it bedtime.exe; change the properties of the icon of course. It might still recognise the shutdown command just from it's actions, but worth a try.

Found a prog that does it from http://www.shutdown.cc called shutdown windows although it takes 15 seconds delay. The command is "open shutdown windows"
After messing around with VR yet again for a while have decided that it really is easier to use the mouse!!!!! I don't even want to get anywhere gesture recognition! thanks for your help.

Back