W7 upgrade to W10?

On the underside of the laptop it has a sticker that says "Windows Vista Home Basic OEM something.
Yet when booting up, it shows the obvious W7 logo

Going in Control Panel, ALL Control panel items, System it shows Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1.

The key can be retrieved if it is unknown. A little utility that I use is called ProduKey.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
ProduKey is a small utility that displays the ProductID and the CD-Key of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2007), Windows (Including Windows 8/7/Vista), Exchange Server, and SQL Server installed on your computer. You can view this information for your current running operating system, or for another operating system/computer - by using command-line options. This utility can be useful if you lost the product key of your Windows/Office, and you want to reinstall it on your computer.

Yes, its on the sticker I told you about.
That Product Key is for Windows Vista. Windows 7 will or should have a different key.

Ok, I should of thought of this earlier, but this laptop has a tiny harddrive capacity. 49.7GB's USED. 28.7 GB's FREE.
79 gb harddrive. I don't know what the person uses it for so I think I best leave it as is, thanks.:)

Back