Waiting for 5 posts to get help

hk2009

I completed the 8-step process yesterday because I have had problems for a few months now while on the Internet. I am a new member. I joined to get help after reading about the 8-step virus and malware removal. I followed the process and posted my message with my logs but I am getting the following error message (below). I didn’t really have any other posts or comments to make to meet the 5 post minimum requirement to attach the logs but I'm trying to post where possible.

Why do I have to wait to meet this requirement to post the logs and get help? Also, when I review others posts in the Virus and Malware forum it appears to me that some have less than 5 posts and can attach logs. Am I doing something wrong in the attaching logs process? (I followed the instructions per the 8-step). Any helpful input is appreciated.

Here is the error message that comes up after I press the Submit New Thread button.
"The following errors occurred with your submission:
1.To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 3 posts.
Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post."

Keep on posting. You are the kind of person that people on this forum are interested in helping...
and you are almost there already

Hi hk2009, looks like you are already there, but I wanted to make clear that the limitation is not about attachments, but links embedded within the post message which is disallowed in the first 5 posts to discourage spammers and bots alike.

Ah, that makes sense

Thanks, Julio. Now I understand that it was the website link I put in the post that the error message was referring to, not the log attachments. I didn't interpret the error message correctly. Obviously, I already met my 5 post so I was able to post my 8-step logs but I really appreciate you repsonding so I know what I did to cause the problem in the first place.

Back