Want to replace integrated graphic card on a HP desktop

HI,
I am planning on buying HP p6550z series with AMD Athlon(TM) II 245 dual-core processor [2.9GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus] with integrated graphic card
I want to replace only the graphic card with Radeon HD 5570 1GB 128-bit DDR2
Would there be any power or graphic card support problem?
Please consider that i have little detailed knowledge about computers
Thank you

as a rule of thumb, i like to use at least a 450-500w power supply for any video card that requires external power directly from the power supply (minus the enthusiast grade cards of course, which will require more). you may be able to get away with a 400w unit with the 5570 but i don't know the power requirements off the top of my head. is there any specific reason you are looking to upgrade the graphics?

i would like to point out though that for an extra ~$75-90 you could get a 5770 which would be much more powerful than the 5570.

That PC has a 300W power supply so you're limited on what card you can run. Either replace the PSU along with the card or get a card that doesn't require a lot of power to run.

yea you'll need a 400 watt psu at the very least. look for a frys near u and buy one. don't buy it online because you need to find one that you're sure fits.

Back