Wanting to go to 64-bit but can't find one driver, any solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will_m

Hi there, I'm planning on making the switch to a 64-bit OS over the summer (hopefully W7) and I'm just going through my hardware checking that I can find 64-bit driver for everything. I have unfortunately failed to find anything for my Roland GI-20 Guitar Synth which is a piece of hardware I use all the time :(

Is there any way around this? As I really want 64 to access more ram but also this is a piece of hardware I can't live without, I have emailed Roland to confirm that they only do a 32bit driver and they have replied with a yes.

If anyone can help out I would be hugely grateful!

Regards,

Will

You are probably screwed. I've dealt with Roland before and been pretty disappointed with their customer service. My guess is they won't ever make a 64bit driver for that, and no 3rd party people will try.

You are probably screwed. I've dealt with Roland before and been pretty disappointed with their customer service. My guess is they won't ever make a 64bit driver for that, and no 3rd party people will try.

I have the same feeling, the person I spoke to from Roland said something along the lines of 'no we don't and we probably never will'. So I replied informing them that I'm goign to sell it and go for the Axon instead. They don't seem to have any 64-bit drivers for any of their products which seems stange as music production does seem to embracing 64-bit a bit more now.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back