Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site. I sure hope that someone can help me with a problem that started today.

My desktop was automatically changed to a blue screen with a warning sign that reads:

Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC
Your computer has several fatal errors due to spyware activity

Everyone now and then a red pop up screen appears saying windows security center system warning. It tells me the threat and wants me to click a link which then wants me to purchase a anti-virus system.

The third symptom on my computer in the bottom right task bar, a yellow symbol appears and reads: your computer is infected with spyware, that also directs me to a pop up requesting me to purchase anti virus and spyware protection services.

I don't know what to do!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot
Steve

[CENTER]DO NOT CLICK ANY LINK OR FOLLOW ANY INSTRUCTION TO GO BUY WHAT IT TELLS YOU.[/CENTER]

You do have a virus/spyware infection and IT is generating these messages. If you follow its instructrions you be out $$ and worse off then you are.

Go to this thread to begin the preliminary removal instructions. At some point, it'll have you generate log files to be submitted by the experts here to see what problems are still left behind. but u must begin and first follow the instructions in thread i provided link for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back