Warrock BSOD help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamboy

Hello. I am having major trouble with my War rock bsods. I can give you some info. There is a file in my windows system 32 that keeps appearing in the bsod. Its name is ati2dvaa.dll it happens right after I start up war rock. A black scrren appears followed by a 5 second wait followed by that annoying bsod. Could anyone help?

Hello. I am having major trouble with my War rock bsods. I can give you some info. There is a file in my windows system 32 that keeps appearing in the bsod. Its name is ati2dvaa.dll it happens right after I start up war rock. A black scrren appears followed by a 5 second wait followed by that annoying bsod. Could anyone help?
The description in sys.32 says: ATI Video card driver component.
Could it be just a driver failure? Or is it a missing file?

More info: ati2dvaa.dll ati2dvaa.dll+348e5 0xbf012000 0xbf06e480 0x0005c480 0x4802a0c9 6/19/2010 8:09:45 PM ATI Rage 128 Family ATI RAGE 128 WindowsNT Display Driver 6.13.10.5019

Okay Now I got the 5 most recent dumps. View me!

Attachments

• 5 most recent minidumps.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 2
Jamboy, can you please post your minidumps for analysis? You can find these in C:\windows\minidump. Please zip them in a single file and attch them with your next post.

Jamboy, can you please post your minidumps for analysis? You can find these in C:\windows\minidump. Please zip them in a single file and attch them with your next post.
Ok. Here!

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 2
The first minidump probably wasn't recorded properly/partially corrupt and had 0xA error, which can be caused by a bad / misbehaving driver.

However, the other two dumps pointed at ATI drivers (ati2dvaa.dll) with 0x50 error; you are using driver released in April (probably).

Please download Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro (both are free and easily available). Then uninstall currently installed ATI catalyst drivers, reboot your system. Run Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro and remove any left over ATI driver files. Then go to AMD/ATI's site and download latest ATI drivers (i.e. catalyst 10.6) and install these.

I hope that will solve your issue, please do keep us updated, and if you need further assistance. Regards

The first minidump probably wasn't recorded properly/partially corrupt and had 0xA error, which can be caused by a bad / misbehaving driver.

However, the other two dumps pointed at ATI drivers (ati2dvaa.dll) with 0x50 error; you are using driver released in April (probably).

Please download Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro (both are free and easily available). Then uninstall currently installed ATI catalyst drivers, reboot your system. Run Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro and remove any left over ATI driver files. Then go to AMD/ATI's site and download latest ATI drivers (i.e. catalyst 10.6) and install these.

I hope that will solve your issue, please do keep us updated, and if you need further assistance. Regards
Okay. Give me a minute.

Do I need the control center for it? It takses up more space. Im going to try both and tell you the results. The other is just the driver.

D: Another BSOD!!! :mad: I even got 10.6! There was no thing like kernel_stack_inpage_error
or whatever. Not even the filename! The error was 0X6 code.

Also instead of just giving the error code please attach newer minidumps with your posts, it will be of much more help in diagnosing the issue at hand.

Okay. I think I recorded the error code wrong. But anyways, as requested here.:monkey:

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    118 KB · Views: 1
Again two of the dumps points at your ATI driver, the driver you are using is pretty old as I pointed earlier, kindly see whether new version (which support your ATI Card) is available and install these in light of comments I posted earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back