Watch 30 years worth of mobile phones (and pagers) wired together to create electronic music

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Korean wireless provider SK Telecom recently gathered 30 of the most popular mobile phones (and four pagers) from the past three decades and wired them all together to create a bit of electronic music. The end result is a surprisingly catchy remake of the company’s current jingle.

The clip contains everything from the Motorola StarTAC and the Nokia 101 to an LG Optimus Z and the Motorola Milestone XT720. There’s really not much else to say about it so just sit back and enjoy the show!

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Oddly I found watching and hearing them all turn on before and after the musical number most enjoyable... not sure why.

I want to be impressed, but I'm just left thinking that the tune just wasn't stellar. The music reminded me of a carnival ride, maybe a carousel, and perhaps that what it's supposed to have sounded like. But I wasn't blown away. (It didn't have that "wow-factor" impression that I had after watching other video's such as Honda's "Cog" commercial.)

Back