"WD hard" can't be open and explore

Hi guys
I have a 500G WD usb3 hard drive, I unmount it without safely remove, when I mounted it again can't open it and windwos need to be format it for useable, but I do some fix on it & now windows can search in files & find all data, I can see drive properties used/free space, anti virus can scan it with all data too.... but I cant open or explore it & don't open file/folders when I use windows search!!
Error :
[RIGHT][FONT=0 Koodak Bold]N:\ is not accessible[/FONT][/RIGHT]
[RIGHT][FONT=0 Koodak Bold]Access is denied[/FONT][/RIGHT]
[RIGHT][FONT=0 Koodak Bold] [/FONT][/RIGHT]
[RIGHT][FONT=0 Koodak Bold]what I must do!!!?[/FONT][/RIGHT]

Which OS are you on for Windows XP, 7, 8? Also make sure there isn't any USB connections other than the mouse and keyboard. Also you might want to look for a program called USBDVIEW run that as the admin. What that does is searches your PC for multi-USB connections that are dead (disconnected) Those disconnections need to be removed off your PC. So you would select the red X to fix your issue.

Another way is to go into the System Device Manager then under USB Controllers and remove all of them. DO NOT DELETE driver. Then reboot the system. Windows will re-build the Controllers drivers.

If the WD 500GB passport gives you errors or you hear a clunk noise, then you need to place that drive into a ziplock freezer bag and stick a folded paper towel inside there (for moisture) Zip it up and place the drive into the freezer for 8 to 10 hrs. Take it out let it thaw then try using it again. Only do this if you have issues with the unit.

Back