We will get our first glimpse of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gameplay on June 7

Polycount

Staff

The gaming community is pretty excited for Respawn Entertainment's latest project -- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order -- and there's a good reason for that. Though publisher EA is notorious for, among other things, implementing controversial microtransactions into its games, Fallen Order is set to break that trend.

Not only will it be completely free of said microtransactions (cosmetic or otherwise), but it will also be a totally story-driven, singleplayer action-adventure experience. For those who are up-to-date on EA's latest projects, that will likely come as a surprise - the publisher's focus has primarily shifted toward multiplayer, only-only "live services" like Anthem as of late.

At any rate, aside from a single story trailer (which didn't contain any real gameplay), not much is known about how Fallen Order will play. Fortunately, that will change next month. Respawn Entertainment CEO Vince Zampella yesterday confirmed that Star Wars fans will get their first glimpse of real Fallen Order gameplay on June 7, during EA's annual pre-E3 "EA Play" event.

We don't know precisely what the gameplay will consist of, but we're hoping to see Fallen Order's combat system in action, and perhaps a few clips of the game's "puzzle-solving" mechanics.

Permalink to story.

#1 At this point, you should be able to design your own Jedi. I wouldn't want one of these games if I can't build my own character (like Fallout 3)

#2 How long will they milk this played out franchise?

What is wrong with me? I read Starwars ... EA ... game and all I can thing of is: Oh, boy another disaster, another story that does not make a sense what so ever, another cash grab, another wasted potential, another studio soon to be closed by EA, another Frostbite trainwreck.
I can hardly remember the time when Starwars or a Starwars game actualy made me excited.
It's sad to like something just to watch it be destroyed over and over again.
No preorders

What is wrong with me? I read Starwars ... EA ... game and all I can thing of is: Oh, boy another disaster, another story that does not make a sense what so ever, another cash grab, another wasted potential, another studio soon to be closed by EA, another Frostbite trainwreck.
I can hardly remember the time when Starwars or a Starwars game actualy made me excited.
It's sad to like something just to watch it be destroyed over and over again.
No preorders
I've been playing videos games sine 1996, I can't handle the way the direction of the industry has gone. I haven't been able to find a game that, when I buy it, it's completed. Maybe the last game I did that with was Fallout 4 and that was just a bad game but at least it wasn't a cash grab

Sowhat, 5 years since I certainly I've seen a real video game release? Most of my time these days is spent playing Borderlands 2, age of empires 2 and Civ 5.

Back