Web Cam Driver missing or corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...

My laptpo Dell inspiron 1420, has integrated webcam but it didnt work. in device manager it said that "windows cannot load the driver. driver missing or corrupted (code 39)". I've alredy tried to resolve using microsoft help and support way but the problem persist. so pls anyone help me how to solve it .....

regards....

I ve alredy done your instruction, i downloaded the driver and run that driver but still my prob persisted. "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". so what should i do next?

thnx for your guidance

In Device Manager, select that device and the driver and click 'uninstall'.

The install the NEW driver and reboot.

yes i did it unintall webcam from device manager then reboot. but still camera not working and same message in properties "driver corrupted". any idea?

driver corrupted means the downloaded driver is corrupt
You would need to download again (preferably direct link above)

I'm wondering also, if there is a disable webcam in bios issue here, it could also be a disabled service in services.msc (not sure which one just now, but that's it, for possibilities)

See if the camera drivers are listed under Control Panel, Programs and Features.

If so, delete them.

Like kimsland said, delete that downloaded driver executable and try again. Make sure you delete/uninstall any camera drivers that are there.

Then reboot, install the new drivers (to a folder if you can called Camera).

gl

So, you created a new Folder called Camera and have put the drivers there? Is there a file with a .inf extension in that folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back