Web Camera not detected

I have an HP laptop (not sure of model). Webcam was working fine last week. Now it is not detected. I saw a previous thread where everyone talked about pressing the FN key and the F10 key. Worked for them but not for me. Still no camera. Any suggestions?

Kshipper

TechSpot Elite
I got a webcam problem handed to me last week. 2 Identical Lenovo T450s models and the webcam barely worked (mostly black screen) and after Googling I never came up with the fix but I figured it out myself. I rolled back the driver from a Realtek 2020 version to a 2017 version and now they work fine. Weird huh? Win 10 Pro vers 1909 too. I had tried the driver from the Lenovo website that did not fix anything either. I had to shut off the ability for Windows update to replace drivers just in case it "fixes" it again for me.

martinsmith

If the camera is not detected there, there may be a driver-related issue within the operating system. To update the drivers, please go to Control Panel followed by Device Manager and open Webcam Properties under Imaging Devices.