Weekend Open Forum: Did you get an iPhone 6 on launch day?

Shawn Knight

Staff member

open forum iphone wof

Apple’s new iPhones are now available – that is, if you got your pre-order in before the initial allotment sold out or were lucky enough to find stock at a local retailer like Best Buy, RadioShack, Target or even an Apple Store.

With this week’s open forum, we’re curious how many of you ordered / received an iPhone on launch day and what model / color / capacity you went with. If you weren’t able to get the new phone today, what prevented you from doing so?

For everyone else, feel free to chime in and share what phone you currently have or which you’re planning to get soon since there's been numerous pre-holiday releases from Motorola, Sony, Samsung and others.

Permalink to story.

No, I don't believe in buying overpriced, under-powered, non-upgradeable phones with a ridiculously limited operating system. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are Apple's attempt at catching up with the high-end smartphone market, and they utterly failed to release a competitive product. I'd say "thanks, but no thanks," but then I'd be thanking you, and you don't deserve it, Apple.

No. Smartphones are getting overrated, if you live a life that doesn't require leaving often. Work for home, etc kind of thing. You have VoIP services and other things, why add a phone that would just be a paperweight?

Also Apple is just overrated and overpriced, along with the fact they have to play catch up on hardware. "Lets just I don't know.. add a 4.7" screen and more things, that have been popular with Android but make it 3x as much!" - Apple

Nope I'm loving my Android that I've had for almost a year that has better features then the new iPhone 6 lol do far all these comments and all we find out is one dude that whipped to buy his wife one lol

No. Apple holds no interest for me. Besides, I still have my LG Dumbphone from almost two years ago.

Nope - not a smart phone user.

BUT...I have a friend who is an Apple anything junkie and he was online at midnight trying to order his. What was funny is his credit card company contacted him saying that there was some "fraudulent activity" going on with his card, because the transaction took place at 2 a.m.

That'll teach him. ;)

I saw on the news that an australian guy dropped his iphone 6 straight from the box, verdict, didnt broke. Seems like well built device for $1000.

I saw on the news that an australian guy dropped his iphone 6 straight from the box, verdict, didnt broke. Seems like well built device for $1000.
Funny, I actually just saw a drop test and because it is designed with the glass to the edge of the device, both devices tested (6 and 6 plus) ended up with nasty cracks...

No I enjoy having money in my pocket not a overpriced toy phone :p But I did sell around 12 on pre-order only 2 of them were the 6 plus.

No. For me, anyone standing in two week line or staying up late at night to buy piece of equipment that hasn't been properly tested by independent reviewers is, well, how to put it mildly, sheep. Except for those who want to resell it at higher price to even bigger iAddicts.

Nope. My LG G3 is the best phone currently on the market :)

And it costs half the price of Iphone 6. I could buy two.

Last edited by a moderator:
My girlfriend is a loyalist to apple products, but she never lining up in front of apple store whenever every new iphone launched, she will stick with her iphone 5s, according to her the new one is the most hideous phone ever.. (even she hardly to replace her older iphone with iphone 5s because that not-so-attractive UI of new iOs)

Nope. My LG G3 is the best phone currently on the market :)

And it costs half the price of Iphone 6. I could buy two.

LG G3 Cat6 is much better, actually. Interesting enough, it has a much improved contrast and brightness, so the screen looks better.

As another poster said (though that comment seems to have been deleted), Apple like to shear their sheep every 9 months or so. Rediculous, and no, I wouldn't buy the new iPhone. Even die-hard fans are switching to Android or MS Phone.

No my 5S is just fine and I will wait for the 6S Plus depending on what the next ones are like. I have very little interest in upgrading a phone year after year similar to GPU's in my desktop. It just does not give enough in return for it to be worthwhile and in all honesty my phone does its job as much as it needs to!

So unless something happens (Which I have yet to break a phone knock on wood) I won't be getting an iPhone 6Plus.

No I didn't, and I certainly won't after seeing the display split from the edge of the phone in drop tests (iPhone 6 and 6 Plus).

So did anyone buy one? or are they too ashamed to admit it after reading everyone say 'no'?

usually there's at least one courageous Apple user who'll tell us how nice it is. (and I'm sure it is... it looks like a beautiful phone.)

Back