Weekend Open Forum: Do you exercise regularly?

Jos

For those of us who spend many hours in front of a computer it's a good idea to get some actual exercise done every now and then. Today's question: Do you exercise regularly? Also, for those of you into sports, what…

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/49298-weekend-open-forum-do-you-exercise-regularly.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

tonylukac

I walk every day and in the summer swim every day. The weight never comes off tho. I like the Wii's handheld device and have never seen Playstation's or Kinect in action, but I think they give good exercise too. Not like watching tv/movies.

D

davislane1

I run local trails and lift weights. The only gadget I use is my iPhone - the default note app to record stuff in the gym and an app called RunKeeper to track my running.

Jos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I play football (soccer for the US crowd) on Mondays and try to go out for a ~5K jog or jump the rope for 20 minutes a couple of times a week. I thought about getting a Fitbit to keep track of my workouts but I'm afraid after the novelty passes in a month or so I won't use it anymore :) I do use RunKeeper on the iPhone, though.

Wendig0

I do a lot of nature walks with my camera photographing the local wildlife. I also do an equal amount of bike riding.

soldier1969

Yes free weights, light cardio, stretching, and still find time to sit in front of the pc a couple hours each night after work to feed my brain.

Gars

lucky u
waiting for CS16 tablet version
until that im just developing my a$$ 12h/day
for the record - playing table-tenis 1h/weakly - just to get in my own sauce

Technochicken

Depends on what time of the year. During school soccer season, I play soccer for 1.5 hours a day, every week day, and during the club season the same, but usually 3-4 days a week. During the sumer, though, all I do is go cycling or play soccer or ultimate frisbee about once a week.

SNGX1275

I ride a bike anywhere from 30 to 45 miles a week, occasionally an easy 30 mile ride on the weekend. I've gotten a bit back into running recently, but I bike far more often than I run. I use a garmin gps watch and strava.com to track things.

Jeffrey Hunt

Yeah. I run a bit. Probably about 180-190km per week.... oh yeah, I'm going to the London Olympics to run the marathon for Australia. Don't believe me, check out www.jeffreyhunt.com.au

Sorry, I just had to put a comment. :)

Reactions: Jos
G

Gotta train for the APFT... PT can get mundane if you do it the Army way, but I have tried other ways. Seems I like weights for strength and ellipticals for cardio.

Ranger1st

Since leaving the military , ( self explanatory by my nickname..), I'm a personal trainer.. so yeah I don't really have a time when I'm NOT being physical, anaerobic or otherwise.

Ranger12

I work on a farm so I get a fair amount of exercise at my job. However, My only other hobby besides computers is exercise. Free weights and running with a little swimming every now and then.
Plus lack of processed American food works wonders for the body.
I also watch what I eat pretty closely. I find that it makes my time spend exercising more profitable and my time at work easier.

As far as sports go...I went to a very small highschool where I was the star at several sports. I got to college and realized I actually sucked so I gave up sports for weightlifting. I dont really follow any sports on television other than motorsports.

Julio Franco

Staff member
I like playing sports more than anything else for exercising... soccer, tennis and most recently beach volleyball are my favorite sports. Before I had a biking accident and subsequent surgery I was playing beach volley a few times a week and soccer/tennis more sporadically. Hope I can go back to that routine soon.

G

I usually exercise with my fork and spoon; to be honest I make this kind of exercises all day long.
cheers

Leeky

I don't get anywhere near enough, but I'm also limited to what I can do due to severe back damage and the subsequent pain it causes. That said, I'm finally getting into a position where I'm managing that better with painkillers so I can get out a bit more and get some exercise, which of course always helps with the weight. lol.

I try to eat sensibly these days (cut a lot of crap out of my diet in the last year or so) and walk at least a little bit when I'm able to, but otherwise, that's about it.

G

Yeah! I love working out! Admittedly its hard to pull myself away from my computer sometimes, but once the adrenaline starts its not hard to keep going. A lot of people would probably be really surprised how easy it is to stay in great shape with a little exercise and eating right.