Weekend Open Forum: Mayweather vs McGregor

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The biggest event in combat sports history takes place this weekend as UFC superstar Conor McGregor steps out of his element and into the boxing ring for a 12-round tilt with undefeated legend Floyd “Money” Mayweather.

Fight fans and casual observers alike will tune in to witness what looks to be, at minimum, a memorable spectacle. Conventional wisdom says Mayweather should win with ease given his experience (and McGregor’s lack of it) yet at the same time, there’s a pretty significant age and size difference at play.

McGregor is also supremely confident while Mayweather’s commitment and dedication to training for the fight has been called into question. It’s fascinating, if nothing else.

Do you plan to watch the fight on Saturday? Does McGregor have a shot or is Mayweather going to pick him apart in route to an easy victory? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Permalink to story.

Prepare yourself with 12 rounds of boring match. Mcgregor is one of a hell fighter and Mayweather is a strategic fighter. If you have not watch previous mayweather match before better rent a Rocky movie. Creed is a good one.

Oh no I thought this was yahoo sports. Grrrrr Techspot. Nice sway from politics. Hoping the comments wont be disabled haha.

I have a very hard time believing that an MMA fighter can switch to boxing and beat one of the best boxers ever. Professional sports are so wildly specialized, and tiny differences in skill/ability can result in such large differences in outcome, that I just cannot believe McGregor wins. I'll consider it a win for him if he can just lose without getting embarrassed.

Only thing I know is that it will be a closer fight than if Mayweather fought McGregor in an MMA match. Mayweather would get slaughtered.

Why is this on techspot?

Hmm.....maybe because some of us have a life outside the keyboard. LOL
Then you should have a sports site outside of TechSpot ;)

LOL. Having a mentality like that is why you don't get invited to anything.

And on topic, I see Mayweather coasting to an easy decision. I'm very passionate about boxing and it's nice to see other nerd brethrens here that are curious about this fight.

I've been stoked for this fight for...6/8 months now. I HOPE SO MUCH Conner lays the hammers down, but I expect Floyd to dance away for 12 rounds. We'll see...I give Connor a thirty percent chance...just like Trump. Why? Because politics has to be everywhere! Right?!

I would assume from your 230 post you are not new here.

When the title is "Weekend Open Forum" that implies its open and will cover many things.

The editor himself replied to you saying its ok.

If you don't like it don't read it.

I think McGregor saw a very good opportunity to make an insane amount of money, and took it. Pure genius. He was able to hype the idea of this fight to happen. And for that he's going to make probably over 60 million dollars. 60+ millions for just another fight that he has virtually no chance of winning, and where he probably won't get too hurt. Simply just another fight for a fighter. I'm just finding it to be pure genius.

Having said that, I find McGregor's fanboys to be really, really illogical. Stupid, almost like teenagers. So for that reason I rather Mayweather win. It has honestly shown me what a hold fanboyism has on humanity.

Everyone is a winner hear, especially McGregor, the only real losers here are his fanboys.

Why is this on techspot?

They don't need a reason. It's the WOF.

As for the topic itself...

Mayweather. McGregor would trounce him in a real fight, but this is all about scoring points per traditional boxing rules. Youth and vigor cannot compensate for experience.

I don't care about the topic. I came to see who you were harassing. I gotta say, I'm disappointed! lol
Now Cliff..............

EDIT, I looked for someone to harass, couldn't find anybody, so I opted for whimsy.

Besides, who wants to get wedged between the First Amendment, and the naivety of a noob who wants to reshape the site in his own image. "Let there be FUD", that's what I always say. :D

Last edited:
I don't care about the topic. I came to see who you were harassing. I gotta say, I'm disappointed! lol
Now Cliff..............

EDIT, I looked for someone to harass, couldn't find anybody, so I opted for whimsy.

Besides, who wants to get wedged between the First Amendment, and the naivety of a noob who wants to reshape the site in his own image. "Let there be FUD", that's what I always say. :D

So McGregor or Mayweather?

Back