Weekend Open Forum: What are you playing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

PC enthusiasts are no strangers to long gaming sessions, and those who have recently upgraded to one of the latest and greatest graphics cards offered by ATI or Nvidia will surely be looking for something to throw at it. With the number of titles getting released quarter after quarter, coupled with some hard to pass discounts from Steam and other digital distribution mediums, it's easy to wind up with a large backlog of games and little time to get to them all.

Over the latter part of 2009 and first months of 2010 we have covered some of the PC games we're most excited about. Whether you've been keeping up with the hottest releases or still have your hands full with some past purchases, we want you to share what game -- or games -- you are playing right now.

Feel free to share your general opinions on the titles you've enjoyed the most as of late, and what other titles you have set your sights on. Discuss.

Permalink to story.

It's actually rather funny, I never played FFXII when it was new, even though I picked up a copy. So it's been sitting around gathering dust for a long while. The other night I decided Why not, and well here I am.

+1 for Battlefield Bad Co.2.

I didn't like it at first, because it is quite different from Battlefield 2. But it is the most complete, tight FPS on the market. I am not only amazed with its graphics, but it is actually a blast to play (e.g., in contrast with Crysis).

MW2, because steam is offering a whole weekend of multiplayer for free! :D

Normally I'd be playing Napoleon Total War - that game is the shiz.

This week I just built a new PC with a Radeon HD 5870 and I find myself playing an old game from 1999, Homeworld. lol :)

I reinstalled Divine Divinity (from 2002) and just finished it. Yeah, its an old game with 2D isometric graphics but the sheer creativity, interesting (and meaningful) side quests, an amazing 480 skill set combinations, custom character creation, a huge non-linear world with layers upon layers of story plot -- well what's hard not to like. :grinthumb

The only drawback is the first dungeon. Get past that and you're good to go.

still playing quake live here.
i mean ya, the graphics are a bit outdated (not like i care) and the tiering system is fatally broken, its still better than most of the crap that is released nowadays.

I don't do online games, and with two toddlers in the house I usually don't have time to play for hours at a time. So I usually turn my short attention span to Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath skirmishes, or a session of Wheelman. If I know I am going to have a few hours where i won't be interrupted or fall asleep, i might fire up Mass Effect or Fallout 3.

I recently played Crimson Skies all the way through, after finding a patch some guy made that fixed some graphics issues and made the game playable on modern hardware.

Most I've been playing is Bad Company 2, Metro 2033 and Chronicles of Riddick. But from time to time I do some l4d2 and Mw2 on Xbox.

Dragon Age Origins
Metro 2033
Machinarium
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom (waiting for April 20th)
Napoleon Total War

+1 Dragon Age
+1 Left 4 Dead 2
+1 Team Fortress 2
+1 Mass Effect
+1 Mass Effect 2
+1 Fallout 3
+1 Modern Warfare 1

But the two that have captured my attention right now are Bioshock 2 and Mercenaries 2. Bioshock 2 is almost a must for anyone that liked Bioshock 1. As for Mercs 2? I saw a play-through on a forum I frequent and it looked like hilarious fun. And by God it is.

I haven't had the pleasure of Bad Company 1 or 2...but they look like they could be huge fun as well.

RPG: Working on ME 1 & 2 just can't seem to finish =/ .
RTS: Mods for C&C3, Sins of a Solar Empire Entrenchment and bit of the RUSE Beta from Steam.
FPS: TF2 for my online needs and re-playing some old corridor shooters because they are awesome =D (HL2, Doom, Quake).

Games I really need to get around to DAO, BFBC2 and Metro 2033.

+1 Battlefield Bad Company 2 Online
+1 Metro 2033
+1 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Online

My Q6600 and 8800 GT are still doing.... reasonable with them on a 1680x1050 screen.

Any donations for me to get a 5850? :X

I am playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, the original back from 2001, still the finest Ghost Recon game ever made. That and TF2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back