Weekend Open Forum: What are your personal highlights from E3 2015?

Justin Kahn

open forum

After an eventful E3 2015, it’s time to look at back at some of our personal favorites from the show. Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Bethesda, EA, and Ubisoft all seem like they had something interesting to show. For me, anything that isn't a game really isn’t that interesting, I’ll find out about that stuff later. Although, the customizable Xbox controller and the 360 backwards compatibility were both pretty nice reveals for Xbox gamers. Fallout 4 was certainly on everyone's mind, after Bethesda dropped the debut trailer on us ahead of the big show, Rise of the Tomb Raider was looking pretty action packed, but Cupman stole the show at Microsoft's showcase in my opinion. As for Nintendo, well, it wasn’t great, but it wasn’t horrible. Mario Maker actually had a pretty good showing and looks interesting after an eventful Nintendo Championships, but Strarfox was underwhelming at best, and well, no Wii U Zelda.

Sony showed off more Uncharted 4 which is looking great (but kinda the same old thing), Hitman is back (whoo!), Destiny is getting an expansion, and the Final Fantasy VII remake for Playstation 4 had me drooling. But best of all, The Last Guardian actually exists. Not normally the type of game I would be into, I’m actually really hyped for this one. It’s scheduled for a 2016 release date (fingers crossed).

For this week’s open forum, we want to know what had you most hyped from E3 2015. Was it the epic multiplayer battles in Battlefront? What did you think of Horizon Zero Dawn, the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter and Dishonored 2?

Permalink to story.

Street Fighter V, easily. I did nothing but watch tournaments and casual play for it during the week.

Can't wait for the beta on Steam this fall.

I'll be in my 40's by the time Shenmue 3 comes out. That's sad. Otherwise Fallout 4 looks alright. Mass Effect can't come soon enough. Just Cause 3 should be fun. Im really hoping Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out of nowhere before the end of the year but thats wishful thinking Im sure. Otherwise there seemed to be lots of good games to go around, I just wasn't totally blown away by anything really.

Exited for Pillars of Eternity Expansion. Tomb Raider and Metal Gear looked stunning. Mass Effect Andromeda will be a painful wait. I was completely caught off guard with Unravel, I honestly really like what I saw. Battle front was another game that looked amazing. Overall a very good E3 this year. I was also very happy that there was a dedicated PC Gamer conference.

Liking the look of Star Wars Battlefront as a long time fan of the originals

XCOM 2, no question. I'd be looking forward to Horizon: New Dawn if it was on PC.

Top 3 things for myself were: Fallout 4, Doom and Star Wars: Battlefront.
In my opinion, this years E3 blew last years E3 out of the water. So much excitement from this years previews / trailers / reviews.

I was most impressed with FF7 remake and Uncharted 4. Yes Uncharted may be the same old, but when tomb raider was stuck in its ways Naughty Dog brought something with detail and great voice acting to drag you in to the game. The brought a more immersive experience, while Tomb Raider bought a girl who can shoot while doing a backflip. Uncharted is a great series and why change it too much? If it ain't broke...

FF7 was OMFG. I played it years ago. Now think The Matrix... The construct program where you can see your "digital residual self" with the no plugs. Now take an original copy of FF7 and throw it, hurl it hard into the construct program, and this is what they showed, this is how when I looked at those awful graphics, what I saw in my mind... Maybe because there is artwork or maybe because I watched FF Advent Children. But omg did it look nice.... But look at FFXIII with its fancy trailers years b4 its release, I thought damn this looks good, and was bored in an 30 minutes.

Star Wars Battlefront, looked ok, but only because its Dice / Battlefield. And not awful COD rubbish.
Although I think it won't be better than The Division. Which I am hoping will be a winner.
Shocked at the love for Fallout 4 with its nasty graphics.

E3: a game gets annouced. What is the point of going there? You can hear all this stuff on the internet, the only thing you will be missing out on is when random people try to pull you into pre ordering their games.

E3: a game gets annouced. What is the point of going there? You can hear all this stuff on the internet, the only thing you will be missing out on is when random people try to pull you into pre ordering their games.
Some people like leaving their basement.

Half of the live stream coverage of E3 was "preorder for beta". The other half was "preorder for reasons". Do not be decieved. Sony, Microsft and every developer in or visiting LA will not rest until each and every product has been thoroughly hawked, whatever the format.

Back