Which is your favorite PC component manufacturer?

midian182

Staff member

One of the many great things about being a PC owner is the huge number of options available when it comes to upgrading hardware. Not only can we pick and choose which components to replace, but we also get to decide which manufacturers offers the best products.

For this weekend open forum, we’re asking which is your favorite PC hardware company. Is there one organization you can rely on to always provide the kind of products that won’t break within a few weeks?

So, do you consider yourself a Corsair fanboy? Is MSI the name you search for first when looking for new internals? Are you an Asus or ASRock advocate? Which name appears most inside your PC? Maybe you have different favorites depending on what you’re after, like Corsair for PSUs, MSI for GPUs, and Samsung for SSDs. Whatever your thoughts, let us know.

Permalink to story.

Corsair for PSU's although there is another excellent company, can't recall name, they even make some Corsair PSU, company name starts with an S I think.
Asus for mobo's and their Essence STX soundcards, I'd buy their videocards as well. Corsair for DDRx memory. Went from a Samsung SATA drive to a Samsung M.2 NVME drive for the boot drive. Western Digital for hard drives
I've bought a lot of Sapphire video cards, but unless AMD improves I'm going to defect to Nvidia and of course Intel processors

Asus is the single answer to the question ...
because a solid & sound mobo is the heart of everything.

Corsair however monopolizes my primary rig:

750D case
H105 cooler
AX760 supply
Dominator® Platinum Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz C11 memory
K70 Cherry MX Brown keyboard

There's so many.... but people I go back to again and again would be...
Intel, ASUS, nVidia, Samsung, EVGA, Fractal, Corsair, Enermax, Thrustmaster, Western Digital, Crucial

Corsair for PSU's although there is another excellent company, can't recall name, they even make some Corsair PSU, company name starts with an S I think.
Asus for mobo's and their Essence STX soundcards, I'd buy their videocards as well. Corsair for DDRx memory. Went from a Samsung SATA drive to a Samsung M.2 NVME drive for the boot drive. Western Digital for hard drives
I've bought a lot of Sapphire video cards, but unless AMD improves I'm going to defect to Nvidia and of course Intel processors

Seasonic? I think they oem for a lot of companies. Silverstone is pretty great too, especially for sfx power supplies :D

Top brands if I will choose: Intel, Nvidia, EVGA, Corsair for their accessories. Logitech and Asus. Other brands will be bought if there is a price error or a awesome deal for it.

Reason: Customer support, warranty claims, and updated drivers

In the past I was mostly AMD, in an effort to support the underdog. My latest gaming rig though I went with nVidia and Intel. For PSU I usually go with Corsair but certain builds I'll go with Rosewill. Memory is almost always G.Skill (moved on from Corsair years ago). Mechanical hard drives Western Digital. SSDs vary; Samsung, Mushkin, ADATA (depends who its for). ASRock for motherboards. I've had cases from Thermaltake, Antec, Rosewill, Lean-li, and Fractal Design (I use these for my server builds as they have built in sound dampening). Logitech for most of my peripherals.

Asus for motherboards better over all design and reliability
MSI they use the same cooling system across all the boards from the flagship 980ti to the 950 which is a great thing for budget builders
SAMSUNG for SSD obliviously
WD for HDD
Asus for Monitors
CM for best materials for the price point
Corsair for PSU & RAM

This is how I usually go with my builds:

Coolermaster: Case (Build 1). Fans (Not the best but they work)
Corsair: PSU, Memory, CPU Cooler and Case (Build 2)
Asus: MoBo
Intel: CPU
Nvidia: GPU
Samsung: SSD's
WD: HDD
Acer: Monitor
Razer: Keyboard, Mouse and Headset
HTC: Vive VR Headset
Bose: Speakers

Asus for mobos - the most innovative constructions and a generally stable overclockers. Also 12k capacitors.
G.Skill for RAM - they are hard to beat, even by Corsair.
BeQuiet! for PSU - besides all the usual stuff, they are very quiet.
Both Intel and Samsung for SSD - in the NVME space, they are excellent.
Fractal Design for cases - I'm all about the silence.
EVGA for gfx card - Besides rock solid construction, ACX coolers are doing they're job flawlessly.
NZXT and Corsair for AIO liquid coolers - both Kraken x61 and Hydro GTX 110i worked for me great.
Noctua for fans - their pressure optimized fans are hard to match

CPU: Up to now mostly AMD
CPU cooler: Arctic Freezer
Motherboards: Either ASrock, Gigabyte or MSI
Power supply: Usually Silverstone although I also buy Corsair, XFX and occasionally Rosewill.
Ram: Mostly Crucial but also G. Skill and Corsair.
Graphics cards: Mostly Powercolor with some Gigabyte, XFX and PNY
Hard drive: Western Digital but I have gotten Toshiba and Seagate once or twice
Optical drive: LG (blu-ray), Asus, a few Lite-on, MSI and others.
Router: D-Link
Wireless adapter: Mostly D-Link but some Rosewill and a TP-Link.
Monitor: NEC, Acer

Budget motherboard: ECS and Asus
mainstream motherboard: Asus
budget and mainstream cpu: intel
memory module with heatsink: gskill
value RAM: Kingston
internal hard disk drive: formerly hitachi and seagate but lately toshiba and western digital
external hard disk drive: hitachi touro
usb flash drive: kingston
video cards: nvidia partners Asus and EVGA
budget monitor: acer and asus
psu: seasonic and silverstone strider
budget pc case: antec one and coolermaster n300

automatic voltage regulator: panther and avacus
voltage surge protector: panther
budget router: tp-link
budget keyboard/mouse: cdr-king

(assembled for friends, family, and personal use)

As far as favorite is concerned I guess it would have to be Asus, they cover so many fields these days however, compared to when I first started building PCs and they primarily made motherboards, of which I've had 4 currently only still own one of them, the other three to my knowledge still work and this is going back over a decade. I've never felt badly recommending any of Asus' products, truly a class leader in the industry.

A very close second would easily be Corsair, they make some of the best PSUs I have ever owned, I have yet to have one die and the oldest being a first gen TX750 that has been used 24/7 for the better part of the last 5 years of the nearly 10 years I have had it, previously it was my main builds power supply, I replaced it with a HX850 and I have another HX650 in another build, none of which have ever skipped a beat, I've also had RAM from Corsair and a headset that I still find to be one of the most comfortable ever made.

I have to give a shout out to EVGA, they may be primarily focused on marketing, especially for their motherbaords, but my x58 SLI rev 1.0 had been nothing short of astonishing, it held an overclock on my original 920 for almost 3 years, then on my 960 for another 3, it may have had weird issues with power on from standby (it never did this properly) and could only boot from a cold power off when overclocked but to this day it works, not bad for a motherboard that came out in 2008.

Hard drives is a no competition category, Western has been my go to source for years and out of all my drives I've had one 640 Black die and was replaced under warranty with a 1TB and only recently has my first 500GB unit died completely which is well past warranty. Also had a couple 2TB greens go sour, but still work, just real slow so they're as good as dead at this point.

To be honest I've had a tremendous track record with components, and by no means should my favorites represent the best in the industry, some people get really unfortunate with their purchases and can sometimes reflect badly on otherwise great manufacturers. But at the same time really bad manufacturers keep on making garbage year after year ane people get drawn to it somehow and then try to pass it off as top quality, while some do eventually get better with time. This is a subjective question that no one should take as solid advice towards the purchase of their next system, it's always best to do some real research to determine what suits your needs best while also upholding a good reputation and most importantly a good warranty policy.

Back