Weird Firefox embedded media problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvhuffer

OK I'm using Firefox 2.0015. I have all the plug ins installed. My myspace page has 18 embedded videos from myspace, and 2 music players from project playlist. None of it plays on firefox. It all works fine on Deepnet which uses IE's rendering engine. I have the IE-tab add on. If I open it in IE on a tab in Firefox, it all plays perfectly. If I uninstall all but 6 of the videos, it all plays in Firefox. The issue is the same in Firefox 3.0. The page address is myspace.com/angryhippy

Could someone check it out and see if you have the same issue, so I can figure out if it's just me or everyone. I'd really like to figure this out, as it is driving me friggin nuts!

I brought up the site in Firefox 3. l clicked on 'video' for angryhippy. Got a blank screen where it should be. Looks like it's blacklisted. I use AdBlock Plus so it may be from that, or it may have something to do with the security in Firefox. I alsohave many ad and Tracking Cookies blocked in FF.

Thanks for looking. It seems now even other videos on myspace's video site don't work either. I have no issues viewing even the same titles on youtube.

Updates for browsers are helping protect ourselves from ourselves! We may not always agree with what happens, but in the end, out systems stay cleaner. Maybe myspace is adding something to the videos that not make them incompatible with the browser's security settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back