Weird flashing (5 times) during POST - AsRock B450 Pro4

I got Ryzen 2600 (Pinnacle) and B450 Pro4.

My BIOs was ultra outdated and had RAM issues so I decided to update it. Went from 1.30 to 1.80, then to 3.10. All in stages. No issues.

Then I watched a video of a famous youtuber with the EXACT same setup as me who updated it up to 4.10, despite AsRock not recommending further BIOs updates after 3.50 for Pinnacle (my CPU).

So I decided to trust the video since he had no issues, and even though it successfully updated, I noticed something. Whenever I turn my PC on, during post ONLY screen flashes 5 times exactly before it gets to OS. So it goes like AsRock logo - - > 5 times flashing - - -> Win10 and all good after that. No other issues whatsoever, PC works just fine. Here is a clip of what is basically happening: https://streamable.com/5l604d

Should I try to update to 4.80? I see AsRock doesn't mention incompatibility with this version when it comes to CPUs. I also messaged AsRock support and they told me it's probably GPU initializing the graphics card. They also said how BIOs update shouldn't have affected this. Thing is, the same day I updated to 1.80 and then 3.10 with no weird flashing.

So they suggested me to convert to UEFI from Legacy and disable CSM, or update to 4.80.

What do you think could be the issue? Would you leave it as it is or attempt to convert to UEFI and update to 4.80? Been 2-3 days now since I updated to 4.10, and there is literally no other issues other than the weird flashing at the start (5 times).

UEFI is more modern and I would think that to do that you would need to format and reinstall Windows. if you don't mind doing that I think it is a good idea. If your machine works perfectly ..then you could just keep going until it doesn't work and ignore the weird startup thing.

UEFI is more modern and I would think that to do that you would need to format and reinstall Windows. if you don't mind doing that I think it is a good idea. If your machine works perfectly ..then you could just keep going until it doesn't work and ignore the weird startup thing.
I forgot to update the topic, few mins after I made this thread I decided to go ahead and convert it from Legacy to UEFI. I didn't have to reinstall or format Windows at all. All I had to do is check if my SSD is elibigle for the conversion, type one command (mbr2gpt /convert /disk:[number] allowFullOS), restart PC and then just simply disable CSM / make it UEFI only. It's much easier than it used to be, and very safe. It literally took me 30 seconds, but a lot more to actually look into it and make sure I can do it without issues.

And surprisingly, that fixed it. No more flashing. I did not expect it honestly, but oh well.

Back