Weird Symbols On Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm having a little bit of a weird problem. On more than one of my drives, four weird symbols replace the "Open" text and every time I open the drives, they open up in new windows. Is there anyway to correct this?

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition 32bit SP2. I'm also running an NVidia GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card which has been installed for approximately 6 months.

I just tried uploading a screenshot so u can understand my problem better but it stops me.

Just put http in front of this: img147.imageshack.us/img147/8059/screenshotte2.jpg

Bobbye said:
Now that IS interesting. Look like it may be Greek. Do you have any languages loaded on the system in addition to the English?
Nope, only English is installed. It's only affecting my Internal Drives as well. My external HDD is still displaying the "Open" text.

Have you run security scans on the drives? Open Windows explorer> Right click on Start> Explorer> expand My Computer> right click on each drive> scan with your AV program.

Welp, I found the problem. Virus destroyed a lot; no idea where it came from. It's called: W32.Mumawow.F!inf.

System Restore and makin' sure Norton was up-to-date has fixed everything. Thanks for your help Bobbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back