What can I do if games are working too slow on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

afzal1991

Hello, basically i brought the following games;

- GTA IV
- PES 2009

whenever i uploaded them, they were super slow, if i pressed the shoot button it would shoot 3 seconds later. i really want to play these games but they are too slow, please help me what can i do. i have over 190GB free on my hard drive, that shouldn't be a problem.

My computer system
- Microsoft XP
- Home edition
- Version 2002
- Service Pack 3

- Hewlett Packard Company
- Compaq Presario
- AMD Athlon (tm) 64 x2 Dual core processor, 4200+ 2.19 GHz
- 2.00 GB of RAM
- Physical address extension

please come up with some answers as soon as possible

I'm wondering if leaving out the component most vital to efficient running of a game has anything to do with not having one. In that case, it's problem solved no?

Spyder_1386 :)

It can be built into the motherboard (which is inside the PC) or it could be a separate component. Either way it will be inside the PC. Perhaps you can run a dxdiag. Go to Start -> Run and type dxdiag in the box.

Hi afzal1991

Right click on your desktop. Then click Properties. Then click the Settings Tab at the top of the pop-up box. Under the picture of the monitors, you'll see a Display box. Please type what you see in that box into a post and we'll tell you if you have a graphics card or not. I'm pretty sure you don't in which case you have to purchase one from a shop. Also, I advise you to take your computer in and let them install it for you.

Hope this helps.

- Microsoft XP
- Home edition
- Version 2002
- Service Pack 3

- Hewlett Packard Company
- Compaq Presario
- AMD Athlon (tm) 64 x2 Dual core processor, 4200+ 2.19 GHz
- 2.00 GB of RAM
- Physical address extension

Hmm .... I'm pretty sure the Display part under Settings in Properties upon Right clicking on your desktop doesn't yield all that information but I'm gonna assume you don't have a graphics card. You'll need to purchase one like I said on my previous post.

The settings tab is at the top of the box that pops up ... the five tabs at the top are "Themes", "Desktop", "Screen Saver", Appearance" and "Settings"

Oh and by the way .... I believe that you're clicking on "My Computer" .... not on your Desktop. Click on your screen ... not on an icon ... and not when your already in My computer ....

there are two option they are

1 - Plug and play monitor on Radeon X1300
2 -

mine was on the 1st option

there are two option they are

1 - Plug and play monitor on Radeon X1300 series
2 - (Default monitor) on Radeon X1300 series secondary

mine was on the 1st option

sorry i posted the previous comment by accident

Well you do have a graphics card installed. It is, however, pretty old. Playing the games you mentioned above with this card is not a good idea. You'll have to upgrade your graphics card in my opinion.

search online for graphics cards suitable to the motherboard you have installed .... or you can take your laptop in to your local computer hardware store and ask them for advice on compatible graphics cards capable of playing the games you've mentioned above.

www.nvidia.com might give you a good idea as well. Hope this helps.

its a desktop computer, i don't know which motherboard i have, but can you recommend me the best graphic card which will enhance the performance of the games, please could you give me the price range for it.

The GeForce 8800GTS or 8800GTX are good graphics cards. I'm not sure of where you stay so I can't really give you a price ... look those cards up online at a store in your area.

I'm not a fan of used computer parts to be honest, simply because I don't know why they're being resold. If you trust the person selling it to you completely, then I guess it's okay but I don't advise it. Buying it new is always your best option.

Before you buy a new card you should make sure that you're computer's power supply meets the power requirements of w/e card you happen to buy.

8800GTS or 8800GTX
ehh, expensive cards, 8800gt and 4830 will have much higher price/performance ratios. You could even go with a 4670 for about $70 USD
SAPPHIRE 100255HDMI Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail

But yes, you would first need to know the amperage on your powersupply and your motherboard. Considering you have an older card (AGP i think), you probably won't be able to fit a 4670, and chances are your powersupply isn't good enough either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back